by Tom Bradley
I'm pleased to introduce the newest member of our team, Lisa Guo. Lisa is joining us in the role of Associate Investor Specialist in our Vancouver office, where she’ll work closely with our client service team in helping our investors build and manage their portfolios.
Lisa was born and raised in Edmonton. She graduated from the University of Alberta in 2016 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. Lisa has a passion for financial literacy (which scored her big bonus points in the interview process!) and was part of the founding team of a financial education program for university students during her time at U of A. While at university, she also had the opportunity to study in Japan for a term, and worked part time at TD Bank. Lisa is currently pursuing the CFA designation and has passed Level II of the program.
After working as a summer student at RBC PH&N’s Edmonton office in 2016, Lisa joined the firm on a full-time basis in 2017 as a Private Client Associate. She decided to move to the west coast in October 2018 and joined Steadyhand the following month.
As we do with every new employee, we put Lisa on the hot seat with our ‘short snappers’ to get to know her a little better. One thing I learned, aside from her love of ice cream, is that she’s quick on her feet.
Favourite app: Instagram
- Yoga, hiking, cycling, running or none of the above: None of the above ... pilates
- Strategic Asset Mix (SAM): 80/20
- Drake or Childish Gambino: Drake, but it’s a close call
- Favourite Vancouver hangout: ALL THE ICE CREAM SHOPS!
- Last book read: Why We Sleep (Matthew Walker)
- Show you’re currently binge-watching on Netflix: The Good Place
- Guilty pleasure: Ice cream
- What you miss most about Edmonton: Family
- The world needs more: Environmental awareness
Lisa brings a sharp mind and youthful exuberance to the team. We’re pumped to have her on board.
We're not a bank.
Which means we don't have to communicate like one (phew!). Sign up for our blog to get the straight goods on investing.